Frequently Asked Questions
What do I do if I get a product in my eye?
We recommend applying your eye with cool water and continue to do so until you have flushed out the essential oil from you eye. Another great alternative is to apply undiluted vegetable oil such as grapeseed oil, sweet almond or jojoba oil on the affected eye to flush out the essential oil. Flushing with vegetable oil is more effective than water as essential oils are oil-soluble. If burning or discomfort persists, Please seek immediate medical attention.
Can Apollen essential oils be taken internally?
While some of Apollen essential oils are medical food grade, we do not advise the use of essential oils for internal use unless they are prescribed by your health care provider and certified aromatherapist. Only your health care provider and certified aromatherapist can prescribe the proper dosage and usage. Please check with your health care professional and certified aromatherapist before ingesting any essential oils.
Are Apollen essential oils pregnancy safe?
Apollen products god through extensive testing to ensure our oils are free of synthetic chemicals, herbicides, pesticides, GMOs, natural fertilizers and harmful chemicals. Although our products are 100% pure and natural, we recommend that you consult your physician before use.
Does Apollen offer discounts or coupons?
Apollen offers a great discount of getting 10% off for your next 20 Aromatherapy purchases when you create a medical profile with us.
Fill out your medical profile here, and receive your 10% discount.
You also get 5% off for ALL your aromatheraphy purchases when you create an account with us.
Click here to create your account with us. Account Creation
Do Apollen essential oils have an expiration date?
A majority of essential oils do not have expiration dates. Certain essential oils like Sandalwood and Patchouli actually get better with age. However, cold-pressed citrus oils such as Lemon, Grapefruit, Sweet Orange and some pine oils have a much shorter shelf life and generally run their course in around 6 months to one year. We recommend that our customers store their essential oils in a dark and cool environment to maintain optimal potency levels and reduce oxidation.
What Extraction Methods do we use for our EO’s?
Our essential oils are extracted through a variety of industry best practices including:
- Steam Distillation: The botanical material is placed in a still and hot steam is released into the steam. The aromatic molecules from the plant material are released as the hot steam excretes out the oils kept within the plant material. The molecules of these precious and volatile oils escape the plant and evaporate into the steam.
- The temperature of the steam is carefully controlled to ensure that the plant material and the essential oil are not burned but is hot enough for the extract the essential oils out of the plant.
- The steam which contains the essential oil passes through a cooling system to condense the steam into a liquid. The liquid substance which contains both water and the essential oil are separated.
- The essential oils are then stored in a dark and cool environment to maintain optimal potency levels and reduce oxidation.
- Cold Compress: In this method the peel of the fruit is penetrated while rolling over a trough. The tiny pouches which contain the essential oil is pierced and the whole fruit is pressed to squeeze the juice & the essential oil from the pulp. The essential oil rises to the surface of the juice that is extracted from the fruit. The essential oil is extracted from the juice via centrifugation process. Please note that the essential oil produced from this method have a short life span after which, the quality of the oil begins to deteriorate.
- Hexane Free Extraction: Some plant material is simply too fragile to put through steam or hydro distillation; the organic material begins to decompose immediately upon harvesting. To retain the delicate aromatic compounds that would otherwise be lost in traditional distillation, we perform a Hexane free extraction.
This multi-step process starts with extracting the aromatic oil from the plant material with a solvent. After the solvent is removed, what is left behind is a waxy substance called a concrete. The semi-solid to solid material is highly fragrant and contains large amounts of pigments and waxes. Another solvent such as ethyl alcohol is used to extract the oil from the concrete. Through evaporating the mixture, the alcohol is removed, leaving behind an absolute of the plant without any traces of pigment or wax substances.
What is left is the most complete aromatic profile of the plant with existing technology. The absolute is then stored in a dark and cool environment to maintain optimal potency levels and reduce oxidation.
- CO2 extraction is referred to as Hypercritical carbon dioxide extraction. The process is relatively new in extracting the essence of a plant. The process consists of applying a certain amount of CO2 (carbon dioxide) pressure which condenses into liquid. The liquid carbon dioxide acts as a solvent on the natural plant material. The essential oil content then dissolves into the liquid CO2. Afterwards, the CO2 is brought back to natural pressurization, the CO2 evaporates back into its gaseous state and what is left is the pure and natural liquid extract of the plant.
- The oil must be the right aroma, color, and viscosity.
- Some of our oils are tested with a Gas Chromotographic Spectrometer to ensure that correct beneficial compounds are at the essential levels required for a true therapeutic effect.
- The oil’s Life Force must be alive with the vibration of the plant that connects with our emotional and physical well-being.
You can see how our essential oils are extracted via the individual product pages under the “Essential Oil Production” tab.
Are Apollen products 100% organic?
All of our essential oils are 100% natural and wild-crafted.
The following is Apollen’s 3 part approval process for testing each essential oil sample:
- 100% Pure and Natural– The plants are grown and processed to ensure they achieve industry leading purity levels and are 100% natural.
- Wildcrafted– Grown and cultivated in the wild and NOT commercially farmed
- Pesticide-Free– Grown and harvested without use of harmful pesticides
What test does Apollen conduct to ensure the highest level of purity for its essential oils?
All or our essential oils are tested with a Gas Chromotographic Spectrometer to ensure that correct beneficial compounds are at the essential levels required for a true therapeutic effect. The essential oils must go through a meticulous quality assurance test to ensure that the essential oil has the right aroma, color and viscosity.
We only sell essential oils when they have met the required purity levels for therapeutic use.
We also provide Certificates of Analysis and MSDS sheets for our oils within our individual product pages.
Does Apollen test its products on animals?
Our company policy clearly states that we – DO NOT and WILL NOT TEST our products or ingredients on animals, nor have we asked or allowed others to do so, on our behalf. Any toxicology information is obtained from reference materials.
Apollen is dedicated to providing the highest quality essential oils available for our consumers seeking natural products that are cruelty-free. We require that all our suppliers meet the same criteria of no animal testing.